Tuesday 9 March 2010

A Change of Scenery

Having spent the majority of the last three months photographing woodland birds, I needed a change and headed into Lancashire. First stop would be Martin Mere Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. It's always good fun photographing the Ducks and Swans there at this time of year, no two visits are ever the same and I was pleased to see plenty of Wigeon in front of the hide, this being a species I need more photos of. After a few hours I moved on to the first of several other sites, in search of displaying Great Crested Grebes. I did see three or four pairs performing their dance but not within photographic range, maybe next time. A consolation was being able to get some Tufted Ducks on lovely coloured water.

Wigeon
Shelduck
Teal
Tufted Duck
Great Crested Grebe

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails