Thursday 11 November 2010

Waxwings

With large numbers of Waxwings in the country at the moment I was in no rush to chase after them, preferring to wait until some turned up locally. A flock of 40 in Kelsall, Cheshire wasn't too far away so I made the trip, they had been there a few days and had already stripped several of the Rowan or (Mountain Ash) trees of berries, these are their preferred diet so I think they were getting ready to move on to find more fruit laden trees elsewhere.
Ideally for photography the birds need to be low down and feeding but this wasn't going to happen here, I took a few shots and decided that I would try and catch up with some more over the next few months.


4 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Great work of a Waxwing.

Talibra said...

Jakie piękne! Tło, kolory, cudowne!

Unknown said...

Fantastic details Steve. You are so inspiring!

Unknown said...

What an interesting bird! I've never seen anything like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails