Monday 25 July 2011

My Favourite Images (3)

The third in the series of some of my favourite images.


Hoopoe
This bird turned up in Scotland a few years ago. I decided to make the long journey to photograph it having heard that it was very tame. It certainly was, this being a full frame image taken with a 300mm lens.

Grey Heron
Another very approachable bird, this one was stalking prey at the edge of a lake and let me get well within 10m.

Southern Hawker
When I photograph a Dragonfly I usually start by taking some shots with my 300mm lens, then if they seem settled enough I'll move in closer using a 60mm macro which is how I got this shot.

Gannet
A bit of a theme developing in this post as I have just realised that they are all un-cropped. I like this one because of the dark background which is the shaded sea.

Fulmar
Similar to the previous image with an even darker background, this time it was shaded cliffs giving the contrast.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the dragonfly is magnificent. the hoopoe is so strange!

Tim James said...

All fine images Steve, but for me it's got to be the Southern Hawker and the Gannet. Exceptional shots.

Unknown said...

Steve, stunning images!

Unknown said...

They are all stunning, Steve!

JR said...

Wonderful pictures!
I love the Upupa epops!

Mpho Phiri said...

Wow! Great close ups.

Tammy said...

Well, there is no question why these are your favorites...amazing!

Steve Round. said...

Thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails