Saturday 22 December 2012

Waxwings

This winter has seen one of the biggest invasions of Waxwings into the UK. Tens of thousands of them have moved southwards through the country over the last couple of months. I couldn't resist going out and adding more images of these to my already large collection. I wanted to try and get shots of them on the ground, as this would be generally a little different from the majority of my photographs of them. At first light they were coming down onto the grass to feed on the berries they had displaced from the trees. The low sun and the frosty ground really enhanced them. I also took some large group shots of them in the trees and it only really leaves me with flight shots still to do.

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

bird, nature, wildlife

1 comment:

FOREST SNAPPER said...

what stunning images these are, i only got to see about 15 waxwings this year

Related Posts with Thumbnails