Saturday 27 March 2010

My Garden

I have a number of feeding stations and areas set up for photography in my woodland garden. Over the past couple of weeks the sun has begun to get high enough to start photographing the good variety of species that visit the feeders. One of my favourites is the Bullfinch and I'm lucky to have three pairs here at the moment. Long-tailed Tits nest in the garden and a couple of years ago I had a large family flock of over thirty. They were mainly juveniles and spent most of the Summer at the fatball feeders and were getting through over fifty fatballs a week! As my blog develops I will talk about some of my projects here and other species that live in my garden.
   
Long-tailed Tit
Blue Tit
Bullfinch (male)
Bullfinch (female)
Goldfinch
Nuthatch

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures !
Jean-Michel

Peregrine's Bird Blog said...

Some very nice images there!

Mark Fellowes said...

Excellent images Steve - great perch choice too!

Matt Latham said...

Superb Steve - very lucky to have opportunities like that on your back door

Steve Round. said...

Thanks very much for the comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails