Thursday 7 July 2011

My Favourite Images (2)

The second in the series of some of my favourite images.

Brahminy Kite
Photographed in Goa, India. One of two wild birds that were very tame due to being fed fish scraps since they were young. This is a full frame image taken with a 300mm lens.

Corncrake
A bit of time and patience was rewarded with close views of these birds on the Outer Hebrides in Scotland.

Cuckoo
This juvenile bird was here locally a few years ago. It was late summer and very overdue for its migratory trip south. It gave a week of photo opportunities which I made the most of. I believe these wing stretches were part of it's final preparation for it's long journey ahead, this was the last day it was seen here.

Dipper
I was set up in a hide on a private stretch of river for this shot. After several days without a Dipper coming close, one eventually performed for over an hour right in front of me.

Dotterel
Taken on the same trip as the Corncrake. A group of these birds were very approachable, as I crawled on my stomach to get within 20ft of them.

Dunlin
Taken locally at a high tide winter roost.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve, absolutely incredible images!

Matt M said...

Steve,
I love the photos. I know you said that was a 300mm lens but what kind of camera do you have?

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I have never seen any of these birds. Thank you for showing them to me and showing them so well. The chocolate brown of the Kite at the top of your entry is so striking against its "bald" head.
nellie

Tammy said...

That is quite a collection! The background in the first is spectacular, and, well, who couldn't love that last shot?! Adorable.

Unknown said...

These are all wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails